May 1, 2018
TIME X-PRESSO 4 Pedals
TIME X-PRESSO 4 is a durable and lightweight pedal made of composite and special steel alloy.
Have an I-CLIC system, the traditional spring is replaced with a carbon plate and Adjustable Q-factor
Working clearance /- 5 degrees
Bite angle-15 degrees
Time Xpresso 4 Pedals
- Also, the use of a carbon flexion blade instead of the traditional metal spring allows for these new pedals to be extremely light.
- The oversized platform of 700 mm2 gives the pedals a record surface area/weight factor.
- They were very easy to clip in and out of, and when the light turned green, you clicked in and went.
- Unfortunately, you could clip in incorrectly, and if you didn’t notice it you could pop out of the pedal.
- The entire pedal has been redesigned with a larger platform, and I think these are much better.
- I’ve put about 300 miles on these and have yet to clip in wrong.
- On top of that, the larger platform feels more stable, and the small amount of float has really helped knee soreness.
- The one odd thing about these pedals is the outboard edges are really sharp.
- I got several cuts on the backs of my legs when the pedals brushed against them.
- Eventually I took some sandpaper and filed the edges down and now they’re fine.
- These cleats to do not last anywhere as long as the RXS cleats.
- Don’t know why these cleats aren’t of the same quality as the RXS cleats which lasted a very long time.