April 23, 2018
Suspension Fork 26″ 1″ X 185 Mm Threaded
Brand: HN Gdynia
26″ Suspension Fork 1″ Threaded Alloy. Bike fork, bicycle fork, beach cruider bike fork
- If you have any questions about any of our parts, please send us an email.
- It’s not supposed to be a high end fork and it will do the job.
- The only problem was that the 1″ fork crown headset race didn’t fit.
- I had to do a lot of grinding to make it work, an effort that should not have to be done.
- As long as you have the knowledge & tools to do this, or are willing to take it to a shop at extra expense, think twice.
- I, fortunately, run a bike repair shop and could do this in-house.
SR Suntour XCR MTB Bike Fork RLC (26″, 1 1/8″, Travel 100mm, Disc Brake, Remote Lockout, 32mm, Black)
- It “looks” like high quality but I have not tested it yet.
- Annoyingly, the remote lockout switch and cable came without the necessary cable housing or ferrules so you have to buy these separately somewhere else.
- However, at the very base of the steering tube, there is a slight bulge that is ~5-7 mm long where the steering tube was forged onto the fork.
- The fork in this region is 1 3/16″ in diameter instead of 1 1/8″ in diameter like the rest of the steering tube (please see photo).
- I have not fitted the fork onto my bike yet so I don’t know how this will play out with the bottom wedge and bearings.
- I don’t know if the switch is defective or maybe I’m doing something wrong but it seems to lose tension after a few uses.
- I tried replacing the cable and retightening but I get the same result.
- I’m opting for a very short cable (maybe 3″) and housing, manual switch option.