April 23, 2018
SKS SPAERO SPORT Aluminum Pump
SKS SPAERO SPORT aluminum pump with a tire for presta and dunlop valves. It has a holder for a bottle cage
Tip-flexible tongue for Presta and Dunlop valves
Maximum pressure-8 bar / 115 psi
SKS Spaero Sport Aluminum Mini Bicycle Pump
- Under the dust cap there is an extendable hose with a screw-on head that guarantees a tight fit to SV and DV valves.
- I have had it for a few weeks and on my ride today I got a flat.
- I was very pleased with how well it attached to the valve and how (relatively) easy it was to get up to pressure.
- I use it once or twice a week to top off my tires and carry it with me at all times when riding.
SKS Spaero Mini Bicycle Pump
- The Spaero sets itself apart with its high volume power that can get you home.
- Screw on Duo head, this guarantees a tight fit on all valve types.
- A portion of the outer section doubles as a dust cap to conceal the head/hose and to keep inner parts clean.
- If the pump is stood up on the black dust cap after connecting the valve, the pump also doubles as a floor pump.
- Yes, we have all done this) The Spaero is yet another quality built item coming out of Germany.
- I have only a few nitpicky qualms – the soft-touch coating can wear off if you aren’t careful, but the plastic underneath is black as well, so it isn’t a serious cosmetic issue.
- Also, the head of the pump has unscrewed slightly a couple times due to overly vigorous pumping, but that’s easy to fix.
- Otherwise, the function of the pump has been excellent and has gotten me out of several jams without complaint.
- Well made, lightweight and exactly what I was looking for.
- I wanted a pump that is as tiny as possible but can put out high pressure to fill a road tire to at least 70-80psi (I prefer to ride at 100psi which I can get from my floor pump at home).
- Secondly, I was looking for a pump with a flexible hose for ease of inflation without the worry of damaging the tube’s presta stem.
- This one’ screw-on head assures no-leak connectivity, but takes a little longer to attach.
- Flip over the dual head and you can do the same thing on fat tire bike with a schrader valve.
- I’d seen others that have a kick plate for stabilization, but none that had every other feature I wanted.
- Beware though, that little dust flap will tear right off if you’re not super careful.
- I’m certain it will happen the first time I get impatient filling a tire.
- All pumps require some knowledge of expectation by the user.
- You have to know 3 important things: what kind of valve does your tire have/ how high pressure or volume/ what kind of conditions do you plan to use it.
- Try something that specifies “high volume”, your arms will be less tired with fewer bursts of air.
- This one is rated by SKS at 5 bar/73psi, just barely enough.
- This pump meets the needs for the cyclist for a compact, high pressure inflation device for urgent situations.
- It will fill a tire quickly and get you back on the road.