April 23, 2018
Shimano Hub HBRM-70AS On 36-hole Silver Clamp
– Designed for V-Brake brakes.
– High quality anti-icing gaskets.
– Adjustable bearings (ball and cone)
– Includes eccentric clamp.
– 36 holes
Shimano Front Mountain Bicycle Hub – HB-M525
- Price was pretty reasonable & the brand is praised by most good local bike shops.
- They are machined to fit the parts like disk rotors & my new fork well & seems like good quality.
- The bearings could have been better greased because it felt a little stiff but a heck of allot smoother than my old standard non disk brake hub.
- I plan to replace the quick release skewers with bolt on skewers so I won’t have to keep locking up the wheel to prevent the wheel from getting easily stolen while my bike is locked up.
- So that is why, rather than a coaster brake, I am converting my fixie to a front disc.
- Spoke length needed for this hub according to the bike shop that threaded is not a popular length.
- He had them in stock, but otherwise would of needed to special order them.