April 23, 2018
Shimano Alivio SL-M430 Gear Lever
Until now, the Alivio group was intended for tourist cycles. Now he boldly enters a group that can be called "amateur prosecution." The shifters have been equipped with a 2-way Release system which allows you to change gears in both directions.
The optical shift indicator has been moved over the steering wheels.
The whole works precisely.
SHIMANO ALIVIO SL-M430 9 x 3 Speed Shifters Pair Flat Bar Bike MTB Mountain NEW
Shimano 2014 Men’s Off-Road Sport Cycling Shoes – SH-M088L
- This RD-430 should last as long as I do my part on maintenance.I always wanted a higher end Shimano but for the past 3 years of only riding dirt trails on the weekend the Alivio line from Shimano never turned me down.
- Not expensive and it looks almost the same as the Deore which is supposed to be 1 step above the Alivio.If you are like me that does trail riding twice a week then this should be enough for the bucks.Highly recommended for weekend trail riders.
- I have not experience any ghost shifting compared to my old RD 410 when it gets dirty.
- The price is low, and much of the plastic has been replaced with metal.
- The drawback is that the takeup spring isn’t super strong.
- Dialing it in is a little more time consuming that for the M591 (Deore),
but really, this functions about the same.
- When you go to upgrade, skip the 500 series and go directly to the 700 series (XT).
- Initial adjustment is quick, and no chain slap, or autoshifting on bumpy rides.
- I was expected the parallelogram part of my old derailleur to be worn out as well (in comparison to the new one) but it had held up just fine and felt the same.
- So I could have saved a bit of money and simple bought new jockey wheels.
- Nice smooth shifts up and down all 3 cassette’s I used it with.
- I like Alivio parts for their Quality and dependability.
- The price was good, packaging was good, and delivery on time.
- It was shipped right on time and I couldn’t
ask for more.
- Trek 4300 it works great as long as you have same shifters match shifters …