September 14, 2018
Saddle Bracket SP-100 22.2 X250 Steel
Seatpost without yoke ZOOM model SP-100 designed for BMX.
Purpose-suitable for BMX type bikes
Topeak Pocket Rocket Master Blaster Bike Pump
- Soft dual density polymer head and plastic handle for increased grip and comfort while pumping.
- Road-ready, the Pocket Rocket has an integrated dust cap that keeps the head clean and ready.
- The Pocket Rocket mounts easily to your bike frame with a mounting bracket and is both Schrader and Presta compatible.
- However, it takes a long time to pump the tire and requires some effort.
- The pump does not have a flexible tube, you attach one end to your valve and pump from the other end.
- When you pump with your one hand (I use my stronger right hand), you need to use the other hand to secure the end that is attached to the valve.
- You can imagine the amount of force that you need to pump a road bike tire (just think about a floor pump), and you repeat the pumping motion many times.
- I find it very difficult, if not impossible, to securely anchor the pump to the valve without exerting excessive force onto the valve itself.
- After I worked my ass off to pump the tire as hard as I can to prevent another pinch flat on the rest of my ride, I found my Presta valve bent like and “ì” instead of an “i”.
- I gave this pump a two star despite the bad design that is shared by many frame mounted mini pumps, which can easily bend a Presta valve.
- The bottom line is that such a bend does not seem to cause any air leak.
- And it might be possible for some one who is skilled to avoid such bending problem.
- If so, it would be nice to have some instructions on the package of the product that illustrates the correct way of using it.
- This is understandable: as the pump works pretty good for the high pressure, Presta valve type road bikes; and pretty inadequate for low pressure fat tire schrader – tubed mountain bikes.
- I used the pump on both types of bikes: Here’s the results:
General observations: this pump is very well constructed with mostly metal components, even the flip lever is made of metal.
- Right out of the box,it comes ready for duty on the narrow Presta tires.
- Fat tires) you need to follow the simple diagram on the package to reverse the valve head components.
- To use the pump, you give the handle a slight turn clockwise to unlock it.
- After done pumping, flip lever DOWN and pull the head off the tire valve ( it does require a GOOD tug to release.)
Road Bike: On my 700 x 25C tire bike, it worked pretty well.
- With the tire deflated to 0 psi, it took me about 4 minutes to pump to about 80 psi.
- With the tire deflated to 0 psi, it took me about 10 minutes to pump to just barely 40 psi.
- These tires require more volume of air, and this pump is just barely adequate for the job here.
- Since the spare pumps on both my bikes gave out recently, I ordered 2 of these: Kept one for the Road bike, send the other one back.
- I’ve only use this for presta tire valve since that’s what my road bike takes so I can’t review this for Schrader but if your having your doubts let me put them to ease.
- Once you set it up for presta or Schrader you can just leave it there and it’s ready to go.
- You have to remember this is a mini pump and really it’s for emergencies.
- It’s not going to give you what a normal pump will do so you should always use a regular pump when your at home.
- One reminder is that Topeak has a great video on their website on how to use this pump if your having issues.
- I’ve only used this pump in a testing situation just to see how well it works but I feel completely confident that it will work great in an emergency.
- It is small and light enough to fit in a jersey pocket an can be used for both presta and schrader valves.
- Also has a nice max pressure of over 100 psi which is good enough for any racing tire.
- That said, like any mini pump, it’ll take a little while to get up to pressure.
- I also carry spare tubes and tire lever in the bag under my seat.
- However, it gets really difficult to pump when the pressure starts to build up – I tested it at home just to see how it works.
- I think the way the handle is shaped doesn’t help either.
- It’s not a bad pump, but given its small size, there isn’t much to be expected out of it.
- The clip that it comes with works great – haven’t lost the pump yet after carrying it more than a yr.
- I really never had to use it in a real emergency – knock on wood – since I haven’t had a flat.
- But I think if I had to fix a flat, these are good enough to get me home.
- BTW, the cover (little rubber tab) is badly designed because it would not stay in place.
- This means the hole for the air is wide open most of the time.
- I suspect that there are newer, higher-volume (involving less effort) mini-pumps out there, but why bother?
- First time I broke down and needed to use it, it literally fell apart in my hand.
- The one problem I’ve had is that the converter from schrader to presta sometimes tightens up too much when I pump up one tire.
unYOUsual U transformer 20″ Folding City Bike Bicycle 6 Speed Shimano Gear Steel Frame Mudguard Rear Carrier Silver
- Came fully assembled out of the box just had to pump up the tires.
- I love this bike and can highly recommend it to anyone.
- My wife who is 5’2″ rides it as well as myself at 5’7″ with no issues.
- I’ve taken it on the road and it works well for medium distance but I mainly use it for running my pooch and zipping around camp sights as we RV full time.
- Looks stylish as well and the seat is very comfortable.
- She’s able to fold and put together with ease after initial learning curve.
- I’m a bike fanatic and mechanic and I bought this on a whim not really expecting that much.
- But, build quality seems excellent and it makes a perfect travel bike or basic transportation for just hopping around town.
- My only minor complaint is that seat clamp required a pair of pliers to get thumb screw tight enough to hold seat stem firmly.
- Had a minor glitz that was immediately taken care by the seller!
- Only had to install the pedals which took a couple of min.
- Was good enough that someone else thought the just needed to have it too after I’d had it a month, and promptly stole it right off the bike rack I had it locked up on outside the building I was in.
- Other than that it was a very solid bike, didn’t feel flimsy at all.
- I keep it in my small airplane, and use it to ride a few miles from the airport where i land.
- Assembly was quick and easy as I only needed to put one pedal on.