March 23, 2018
Rear Light XC-181R USB
The XC-181R silicone lamp has a high brightness COB LED. The lamp is charged via the USB connector. The set includes a rubber grip that allows quick installation in both vertical and horizontal. Features: – high brightness LED COB – silicone housing, waterproof – built-in battery 3.7V Li-Poly, capacity 300mAh – functions of observation: permanent, pulsatile, angle of visibility: 180 degrees – low battery indicator, Micro USB charging socket – in the set, a rubber holder for fast mounting both vertically and horizontally (22-31.8mm) – Weight: 45g
Brand: XC Light
LE USB CREE LED Super Bright Bike Rear Tail Light IPX4 Waterproof 5 Lighting Modes Red Safety Cycling Light – Fits on any Bicycles Helmet Backpack
- Safety guaranteed: The red light can be used for safety and warning.
- Steady on with 4 LEDs, quick flash with 4 LEDs, steady on with 2 HD LEDs, wave flash with 4 LEDs, and slow flash with 2HD LEDs Long runtime.
- Lasting up to 4 hours (steady-on mode) or 13-14 hours (quick flash with 4 LEDs mode) on a single charge.
- Remain securely locked in position, even during off-road use.
- Only high end LED and advanced optical design are adopted.
- However I think that gives me a bit of insight when evaluating this thing.
- I’ve distilled my thoughts to the following summary: 1) Very bright and lots of modes.
- The thin silicone strap makes me nervous –even the thicker silicon straps tend to break, often without obvious cause.
- So this one being thinner than any that I’ve seen is suspect.
- I understand why manufacturers use silicone, but I think it’s a bad idea generally.) 3) IMPORTANT: There’s NO clip for this light.
- Buyers should be aware that the mounting system is designed for a seat post, not seat stays or any tube narrower than the average seat post.
- And while it’s not USB rechargeable, it’s very bright and has a clip and non-silicone mounting bracket.
- And there are benefits to battery power –if it dies while you’re out riding, just throw in some new batteries.
- After writing the review, I was contacted by the seller and provided with a replacement.
- The replacement seems slightly different, so possibly a manufacturing flaw in the first one has been fixed?
- Anyway, it has worked for a few weeks so far, and if it makes it through the winter, I’ll give this review another star.
- I got mine in January, and it lasted the rainy winter and spring this year, didn’t really touch it all summer since I was biking in the daylight.
- Then, this fall, after a full charge, it won’t stay on.
- So, for 10 bucks, you get something that will work for a few months.
- Double the battery life of the more expensive twin from Blitzu.
- For continuous on in the brightest mode, lasted 3 hours.
- If you are a serious rider, looking to buy your primary rear light and safety is paramont (as it is for me), I recommend the Flare R, and the LE as a secondary light.
- The problem with that is you may not know when the light goes out, and if I am riding with a group, I may not take the time to stop and switch.
- My only wish is that more mounting options as the silicone band is a bit flimsy but not unusable.
- Update 1/29/17- I took apart the original mount and bolted it to an old reflector mount ring.
- Also would like to add that I’ve been caught in the rain 3x for a more than 6 hours total and the light is still perfect.
- It was cockeyed and the screw head appeared to be stripped, preventing adjustments.
- The seller has been beyond helpful with this concern which prompted me to review this product again.
- Aside from the assembly issue with the stripped screw head, this product works as expected and is really bright.
- The screw head was able to be loosened to fix the cockeyed mount.
- I haven’t actually used it on my bike as it doesn’t mount as I was hoping it would, which is not a fault of the design.
- If you have a rack bag or seat post bag that get in the way, you can’t use this.
- There is no clip to hook it to the loop on one of those.
- The silicone strap will not mount securely to a back stay.
- Even if you could put it on a stay, it would be aimed wrong.
- I understand the attraction of a “quick mount” silicone strap for the mechanically challenged, but this could be a much better package if they would spend a few more pennies and include an adjustable angle clamp mount sized to fit on a back stay.
- After seeing my review, they proactively reached out to me to better understand my issue with the Light.
- They apologized for the issues I experienced and offered me a replacement.
- I accepted their offer and used the new light for the first time this morning.
- The real test will be how it holds up over the next several months.
- Purchased this in May 2017 and really liked it (strong lights, multi-flashing modes, held a charge for several multi-hour rides) until it started to act really erratic (losing a charge within a couple rides, initially turning on then stopping during the ride then turning back on).
- Although I’m going to attempt to salvage it by letting it dry out, I am very disappointed in what appears to be a flaw in the design that let’s in moisture.
- Really great price for 5 modes, rechargable, and easy to take off your bike and apply onto your bike as well.