April 22, 2018
Rear Derailleur ULTEGRA RD6800SS 11-row SS 23-28T
– The new compact design of the rear saddle in combination with a shorter lever stroke provides greater precision and faster gear changes than your sniper. – Improvement of the internal gear mechanism by increasing the strength of the spring it favors immediate reaction to the movement of the handle. – The more open saddle design also has a better effect in difficult weather conditions. – The armor has also been strengthened, which makes the chain move to the right place more quickly and accurately. – A different fixing screw has been used, the shape of which is to integrate the component with the frame more solidly. Features: Group-Ultegra Material-Aluminum Stroller-short Number of shifts-11 runs Maximum rear crown-28T The smallest rear crown-11T The maximum front differential-16T Total capacity-33T Weight-about 195g
SHIMANO ULTEGRA RD-6800 SS 11s Rear Derailleur Road Bike Short Cage DoubleBuy SHIMANO ULTEGRA RD-6800 SS 11s Rear Derailleur Road Bike Short Cage Double here
Shimano RD-6700 Ultegra Rear Derailleur
- Additionally, the new body and cage design accommodates a 28 tooth large cog so the mountain stages can be attacked with confidence.
- Shimano group was not shifting well at all, and the more I adjusted it the worse it shifted.
- I also replaced the cassette, chain and large chainrings.
- Get a 30 tooth cassette and this derailleur and climb like you never could before!!!
- It worked like a charm but I was missing the high gears from the bigger wheel.
- That meant I needed to replace by 10-speed rear derailleur with a 9-speed.
- After some research, I settled on the Shimano RD-6700-G (medium cage) for a couple of reasons and it has worked flawlessly.
- Because of the shorter cage length, this derailleur stays 2-3 inches above the ground with a 20 inch wheel.
- My old long cage 10-speed would scrape if I went through deep gravel, sand or grass while in a low gear.
- For a medium cage derailleur, it has a very large capacity.
- In this configuration it is well within spec and gives a range of about 21-108 gear inches.
- I have also tested it with a 9-32 rear cassette (17-108 gear inches) and it performed perfectly as well.
- Since installing this derailleur a couple months ago it has taken me about 1000 miles without missing a beat.
- The shifting is amazingly smooth and quick and after the initial adjustment I haven’t needed to fiddle with it at all.
- All said and done, the Shimano RD-6700-G is essentially perfect for anyone with smaller rear wheel who still wants a large gear range.
- Replaced a 10 speed Shimano 105 with the RD-6700-G and there is no comparison on shifting.