April 23, 2018
Rear Deraille 11-Row Black SS RD-5800 23-28T 105
For professional cyclists, hobbyists and for recreational sport.
The new SHIMANO 105 series.
The next generation of components of the popular road group SHIMANO 105 (series 5800)
went to bicycle stores not in one, and two attractive colors: black and silver.
All components except the chain and cassette tapes-are available in both colors. In addition, the alternating occurrence of matte and glossy surfaces means that the products have a unique high quality and modern appearance.
However, the SHIMANO 105 series is more than just a great visual effect. Completely reworked and lighter, it convinces in technical terms thanks to the numerous innovative solutions taken over from the older sisters DURA-ACE and ULTEGRA.
The improved strength of the spring and the increased traction of the cable directly affect the speed and precision of the changes in shifts.
The 11-speed saddle will allow us to apply a fairly wide range of shifts.
– for 2×11 cycles
– color: black
– for a cassette with a max 28-28T connection
– version SS-short cart
Diamondo 13T MTB Ceramic Bearing Jockey Wheel Pulley Road Bike Bicycle Rear Deraille
SRAM Rear 11 Speed GX Bicycle Grip Shift
- SRAM 1x X-ACTUATION for precise and dependable 11-speed performance.
- Full metal, 11-speed indexing keeps shifting crisp and precise with Grip Shift.
- Three rows of ball bearings provide zero friction or play reducing the force needed to shift and promoting long-term performance under all weather conditions with Grip Shift.
- Once the Grip Shift shifter and grip interlock securely, forged aluminum clamps on either end reinforce the assembly by locking tightly to handlebar.
- Bike shifts so good now, great for enduro racing and really helps with quick shifting down or up top.
- You can drop from high to low or vice versa instantly with this.
- Most likely will need to cut the grip down to your hand size in order to get the right brake lever reach.
- Probably not the best shifter for park since you do lose a little real estate with your grip and may get a ghost shift here and there when boosting big jumps.
- But for anything other than bike park riding its awesome!
- And on installation, before I had the shifter tightened down, it popped apart on the handlebar and would then not reassemble properly.
- After many failed attempts I contacted the seller for replacement or refund, but when I gave it one last attempt I was finally successful.
- It appeared once it was back together that there is a very slight mis-alignment in the parts.
- However, once back together and installed, it seems to work fine despite this.
- I’ve been using the shifter now for several months before writing this review to make sure there were no more problems, and it has been functioning properly with no further problems.
- In combination with the 1×11 derailleur and cassette everything runs so smoothly and quickly that it’s very noticeable whenever I go back to riding other bikes.
- The replacement has been fine so far (7 or 8 rides) although the SRAM thumb shifter that came on the bike provided much snappier and more precise shifting.
- I hated the way I had to contort my thumb to use that one though so I got the Grip Shifter.
- Maybe the X01 version of the grip shift, the next step up in price, would be better.
- Love the ability to drop 5 or more gears at the top of a hill.