September 29, 2018
Mechanical Brake CLARKS Rear CMD-5 160 Mm-cable
– Producer: Clarks
– Model: Brake CMD-5
– Type: mechanical
– Purpose: tyl
– Diameter of the target: 160mm
– in the set the link
Clark’s CMD-11 Mechanical Disc Brake – Front or Rear, 160mm, Black
- But, no matter how I adjusted them they would barely stop!
- Replaced after 2 weeks with a Shimano mechanical that works great.
- I got these as a gift so I went ahead and installed them.
- Of course adjustments needed to be made to get the best braking power you can get from these brakes.
- I don’t believe you can use these in downhill rides or serious mountain biking.
- My only complaint is that the packaging advertised that it will fit any bike frame.
- However, I have a 2012 TREK 3700 and I needed to buy an adapter that was specifically designed for my bike in order to install the caliper on the rear.
- Unfortunately, this was not accompanied by stopping power.
- Luckily I was able to wedge my foot in between the front fork and tire without flipping over otherwise I would have had another 400 meters to pick up speed before entering an intersection.
- This particular shoe grinding adventure was just the culmination of repeated cable/brake pad adjustments as the CMD-11 demonstrated no ability to bring my bike to a complete stop anywhere outside of my driveway, and even then only at the top of its minor decline.
- As others have noted, these things are pretty much useless, and in my experience, dangerous.
- I can’t find compatable pad refills for the Clark’s CMD-11.