September 14, 2018
Latch Kryptonite KEEPER 815 KC 8mm 150cm With Handle
– 2 keys
– snap fastening
– made of durable steel
– covered with a material that minimizes the possibility of scratching the frame (vinyl coating)
– Length: 150cm
– Cable thickness: 8mm
Kryptonite Unisex Kryptoflex 815 Key Cable Bicycle Lock with Transit FlexFrame Bracket, Black
- An advanced cylinder provides protection from picking and a sliding weather guard protects the cylinder from dirt, water, and road grime.
- And, the Transit Flex Frame Bracket gives you plenty of tool-free mounting options so the lock stays out of your way while you’re riding.
- It would take all of 2 seconds for someone with bolt cutters to cut this bike lock, it’s no thicker than a pencil, maybe by 1mm or so.
- Needless to say I returned it and am on the look out for something more substantial.
- I could see giving this bike lock to your kid for while the bike is at school, behind a chain link fence, locked up with all the other bikes, but not for daily use where your bike might be locked up in a parking garage or even the bike rack on your car.
- The skinnier cable is a bit easier to thread through your wheels etc than an equal length fat cable.
- It has a smaller key which doesn’t insert easily and the lock barrel doesn’t turn smoothly.
- The sleeve on the “bolt” (the pointy bit that you plug in to the barrel) is actually wider than on my old, thicker cable, and it doesn’t fit through the ventilation holes in my helmet.
- Second of all, the piece that allows you to clip it to your seat post is the best thing going in bike locks (they call this one the “flex frame”).
- Easily makes this purchase way better than any other bike lock I have purchased previously.
- Though it is strong and tough, I don’t think it would stand up to a serious thief if they had the proper tools to cut the cable.
- If you are going to use this it should probably be in a medium-risk kind of place or safer.
- Do not buy this if you are not handy enough to file/radius the groove corners so shaft will release.
- Maybe yours will be ok or maybe your bike will get stuck somewhere unable to unlock.
- It’s easy to install, I’ve been searching different brand and this brand looks like good reputation overall, so I bought it use it for few weeks and still pretty good.
- Paragraphs of instructions are necessary to install it, and it still slips.