April 23, 2018
ECHO ECV3 Computer
The ECHO EC-V3 bicycle computer is a modern bicycle counter with a large display. It has 11 basic functions, including a real time clock and 4 auxiliary functions that are useful in everyday cycling. Very small power consumption, aesthetic performance, ease of use and an affordable price should satisfy even the finicky cyclist.
An additional advantage is the ability to use the computer on two different bicycles and refresh the data after replacing the battery.
– Current speed
– Medium speed
– Maximum speed
– Direction of changing the average speed
– Two bicycles (two circle circuits)
– Trip distance (reset)
– The seasonal distance of the Bike 1
– Bicycle’s seasonal distance 2
– Distance (Bicycle 1-Bike 2)
– Trip time (reset)
– Seasonal driving time
– 24 or 12 hour watch
– Auto Start / Stop
– Auto power ON / OFF
– Low-battery signaling
– Water tightness
– connection cables with sensor and socket,
– parts for assembly,
Echo U13W-13 Function Wireless Cycle Computer with Temperature (Black)
- Pick-up sensor is on lower half of shock (they recommend as close as possible) – still picks up fine.
- Got another for my wife’s bike and no issue with that one, or operating in proximity of one another.
- Allows you to set all tracking values in case you are moving from another computer or it loses data during battery change.
- Accidentally spayed with hose (not directly, but good dousing) no problems what so ever.
- Only con I have been able to see is display looks washed out if not at good angle, like when mounting to stem – but honestly no real issue telling what it is showing.
- Until recently, these computers were not available for purchase in the USA.
- I am happy to find another wireless ECHO with upgraded features.
- Doing a feature-to-feature comparison, I found this one to be the best value for the money.
- It is lightweight, and has a sleek design that makes it an attractive piece on any bike – it really looks cool!
- It is quick and easy to install, and also has a “quick release” for fast removal during bike stops.
- This is a great European product that I wish were still made in Europe or the USA for quicker receipt.
Garmin Speed Sensor with echo Series Fishfinders
- In an effort to helpstreamline the installation of the speed sensor for the echo series Garmin will soon be offering a new 4-pin speed sensordesigned exclusively for patible echo fishfinders.
- Simply mount the new speed sensor on the transom of your vessel and connect it to a patible echo series fishfinder.
- I only wish that someone would get the shipping limitations correct.
- For some reason, it is labeled as containing Lithium-Ion batteries and I could not get it shipped to Alaska.
- Fortunately I was heading to Florida and had it shipped there.
- The bad description left me paying to ship the product back.
- I am out money for a product that isn’t compatible as described.
- There is no installation manual and no mounting hardware.
- I think that the seller or Garmin should mention that there’s no mounting hardware or installation manual when you purchase this item.
- Need to calibrate it with a GPS to have an accurate reading.
- It worked fine for high speeds but would not work at low speeds below 5 mph.