May 1, 2018
Derailleur Lever Right-left Shimano 2-7 Rows SLSY20A Fluid-index On The Rame
Shifters for aluminum frames with factory mounting.
– Derailleur lever with links included
– Model: SL-SY20A.
– Shimano A050.
– Purpose: road.
– Mounted to the bottom of the frame.
– The left handle is 2-row.
– Right SIS lever indexed 7-row (after adjustment can be applied to the 6-r drive)
– Easy operation.
– Mounted on the steering column bracket or on the lower frame tube.
– Color: black and silver.
– Weight: 110g (handle from the link)
– 2×7 rows
Shimano ST-EF51 Right/Left Alivio/Acera/Altus 21 Speed Shifter Set and Brake Levers (Black)
- An adjuster knob at the shifter for the rear derailleur would be redundant since there should be another adjuster on the derailleur end of the cable.
- Because my old STI rear shifter had two adjusters on the same cable run, I thought I was missing a part but soon realized all was good.
- The front shifter will not index properly until the cable is under load.
- If you try to shift the front shifter without a load on the cable, it will jam or feel like it is jamming.
- If you are used to an older style thumb shifter, muscle memory may mess with you.
- It will take some time to get used to the different fingers.
- One negative (not worthy of losing a star) is that one of the cable ends was missing.
- I don’t have the tools to properly install them anyway so I don’t care.
- Package included right and left handles, cables for the shifters (attached) two noodles (the sweeping metal cable guide) and two rubber cable caps (oh, and one cable end).
- They were easy to install and adjust, and when I tested the bike, all worked as I expected.
- No messing around with trying to fit your shifters and brakes on the bar or making them fit just right.
Shimano Cycling RevoShift 18 Speed Shifter Set SL-RS35-R/L – 58751112SET
- I finally managed to get it to work but bought a SET LIKE THESE for my bike.
- BUT IF your bike is shifting ragged it may not be totally the shifters fault.
- Yes that KMC is a cheap chain but it’s a pretty good chain.
- It’s a narrow 6 or 7 speed chain but not for the more narrow uses like a 9 speed cassette.
- Shipping was under 4 dollars for all 3 of em shipped at one time packaged together the price was under 20 dollars.
- They are perfect for moderate riding and may last a LONG time.
- For commuting and touring I find an 18 speed is perfect for me.
- I think there are MORE of us easyriders on the roads daily than the racing types ..Good luck and contact me if you want to know more.
- These were an exact replacement, and were wicked cheap!
- Her bike is an inexpensive mountain style bike and the shifters were a cheap design and the cable entry points were broken.
- Not wanting to dump a bunch of money into this bottom line bike I ordered these and they work great.
- Most time consuming part of the change out was getting the rubber grips off the handlebars.
- Took a little time to teach myself how to adjust the derailleurs but works great and indexes to the rear gears exactly.
- I’m no expert, a professional could probably make it work.
- This one was an easy replacement with hardly any adjustment needed to make it work.
- They were easy to install and I took to the bike shop for adjustment.
- They work as designed, but I also found out from the bike shop that they would work better with a new derailleur.
- The shifters were reasonably priced, however, the description did not indicate that they also came with shifter cables and they did, therefore I had to return the cables that I ordered along with the shifters.