May 1, 2018
Brake Lever Tektro BMX BL-319 A Aluminum 2 Pair Fingers
– Designed for BMX bikes.
– Corpus: Alu.
– Door handle: Alu for 2 fingers.
– For V-Brake brakes.
– WEIGHT: 170g / pair.
Tektro 319AC Short Pull BMX Brake Levers Pair Black
- Since he’s used to a hand brake from his balance bike I gave this one a try.
- He can reach it just fine with his small hands and loves the change to his bike.
- I am sure there are better levers to buy, but I’m not a ‘professional’ bike rider.
Tektro 319AC RH BMX Short Pull Brake Lvr Blk
- Slide a slim stick or flat plastic butterknife to break the slight adhesion to the handlebar on the tall rubber side.
- Spread only about a quarter inch or so to fit the handlebar.
- Regarding the brake lever,it is all metal, no plastic, and it is very solidly made and provides excellent braking action.
- It is well worth it if your bike came with plastic levers, this lever will be a great replacement for smoother, safer braking.
- As mentioned by another reviewer, to install this you will need to remove the grip so prepare to buy new grips, too.
- I also bought the Tektro 984 BMX Sidepull Front FS Brake Black from same company which fit nicely over my bike fender.
- I have the wide strand cruiser wheels, and these two items work perfectly with it.
- I did have to take it to a bike shop for them to attach the Siidepull Front Brake after putting on the pull.
- Going to purchase another set for another strand cruiser bike I got.
- The only problem I have with these levers are that they are made to fit only on a certain diameter bar.
- I had another Tektro lever on my previous bike and that one was adjustable.
- I will be returning these levers, however, the mistake was my own and not the fault of this product.
- Took less than five minutes to swap it out with the broke stock one on my son’s bike.
- His original was made of plastic that broke in a wreck.
- I have always been a fan of a shorter pull brake lever and this one feel great.
- It has a smooth action and engages the brake perfectly.
- One of the levers had metal balls inside where the cable end goes and in the process of trying to get them out, the lever broke.
- This tells me that had I used it as brake, the metal will fail when pulled hard enough causing unsafe condition.