April 23, 2018
Bike Merida RAPTOR 20″
COLOR-1. White, 2. Black, 3. Navy-blue
PRZEDZUTKA T-Shimano RD-TZ50
MANETKA P / T / Shimano SL-RS31-6R
SIZE KOL-20 ”
PIASTA P / T-DC
OPONA P / T-20×1.95 Wanda
BRAKE P / T-Sparkle
PEDALY-Plastic, ball bearings
Venzo RAPTOR Mountain Bike Hard Tail Frame 29″
- Rigid frame would respond the riding direction better, especially when turning.
- I built a very nice bike using mostly spare parts sitting in the garage and it has become one of my favorite performers (I have 5 bikes).
- I now wish I had spent money for a Shimano XT groupo to build the bike.
- I’d never pressed a headset in before, but with some patience and ingenuity I managed just fine.
- All tolerances seemed fully adequate and the frame rode fine on the trails I tested it on.
- Only some dated standards (QR rear, straight steerer) and a moderately hefty weight keep this from being five stars, and at this price point, those are a nit pick.
- I needed only a new seat post and spacers for the bottom bracket.